Specialist Media Relations
Specialist, Media Relations
Assists in presenting Target as a successful retailer and responsible corporate citizen to the public and helps maintain and promote the company’s reputation overall. Serves as spokesperson for Target and assists with execution of general public and media relations efforts.
- Responding to media inquiries about the company, including basic Target information, company expansion and store openings, product requests, and crisis communications.
- Coordinating company information and helping monitor news media
- Coordinating news releases on store openings, store closings and other company issues
- Communicating effectively with internal company departments, especially Real Estate, Community Relations, Merchandising, Store Operations, Legal, Guest Relations and Assets Protection, Publicity, Investor Relations and Government Affairs.
- Functioning periodically as back-up to Manager, Media Relations.
- Handling store grand opening media relations process with public relations agency support.
- Contributing to public relations projects managed in the department.
- Assisting in drafting and dissemination of news releases and media statements.
- Assisting Senior Specialist and Sr. Manager, Media Relations/Corporate Communications.
- Conducting media training sessions at stores and within headquarters.
- Providing strategic communications counsel, especially in the stores pyramid.
- 2-3 years experience in corporate communications or related field.
- Bachelor of Arts in Journalism or related field.
- Must have blogging experience
- Strong oral and written communications.
- Good organizational skills; able to juggle many projects at the same time.
- Ability to interact with people from all levels of the company.
- Able to prioritize and handle crisis situations calmly and professionally.
- Professional representation of company to external audiences.
- Strong computer skills; knowledge of Microsoft Word and Outlook required; FileMaker Pro is desired, but optional.
- Flexibility to travel in order to conduct media relations training sessions.
- Ability to perform effective oral presentations and training
- Please send resumes in Word format to firstname.lastname@example.org