Medium is a great blogging platform that put content on Â the forefront. No bells and whistles, just write your content, publish it on your account, and voila! The streamlined design of blogs in this platform only attest to Medium’s intent of providing content-focused blogging.
However, a successful blogger from Medium (the one who wrote the compelling articleÂ How I Got 6.2 Million Pageviews and 144,920 Followers) raises the issue of digital sharecropping in an article he wrote at The Next Web. Basically, Medium bloggers don’t know the content they write in the platform since it hosts the articles and posts published by users. While there are awesome pros in writing on Medium, this specific con may be a deal-breaker for beginning bloggers who wish for full control and ownership of their content.
Either way, the article ends amicably, saying that there’s no perfect blogging platform, only oneÂ that people are willing to use, all things considered.
Speaking of blogging, here are the latest writing and blogging jobs for today.
- Blog Writer for local production company
- Blogger for Music PR Company
- Freelance Business Blogger for Franchise Direct
- Junior Writer/Blogger for Taylor Media (The Penny Hoarder) (Full Time, Under $45,000)
- Lifestyle Blogger for OurSuite Investments
- Stealth & Shooters Gaming Expert Blogger
- Copywriter (Integrated) for large corporate institution
- Copyeditor and Content Coordinator for Living Beyond Breast Cancer
- Copywriter for Shutterfly, Inc.
- Freelance Copywriter (Part-Time)
- Staff Writer/Editor for TED (Full Time)
- Financial Copywriters for CardBenefit, Inc
- Freelance Copywriters with SEO ExperienceÂ (Remote)
- Freelance Writer, Supercompressor for Thrillist Media Group (Remote)
- Freelance Writer, National Food/Drink for Thrillist Media Group (Remote)
- Freelance Writer for digital media company ($15-$18 per hour depending on experience)
- Freelance Sports Writer for Sportradar US (Contract)
- Freelance Writer forÂ The Middleton Times-Tribune, News-Sickle-Arrow and Mount Horeb Mail newspapers ($60/article)
- Technology Writer for TechTimes.com
- Editorial Intern for Backstage Magazine
- Fantasy Football Writers for Concierge Sports
- Digital/Editorial Intern for TAST ($8/hour)
- Regulatory Writing Manager at Amgen
- Freelance Resume Writer for writemates.com (minimum base pay of $60, and a minimum bonus of $100.)
- Freelance Medical Writer for a medical communications agency (Contract-to-full-time, $60.00 to $65.00 per hour)
Freelance writing tips of the day: