Oh sure, you love gadgets — but do you have the chops to write about them? We’d love to know if you think you do, because we’re looking to actually pay people to do this stuff. Professional writing experience isn’t necessary (though it doesn’t hurt), but what we really care about is that you can write skillfully about gadgets and/or technology and the web with wit, concision, and authority.
Want to apply? Read on.
Here’s what you need to send to apply:
- Three sample posts written in your voice – let your personality come through. We aren’t looking for a generic-sounding blog voice — think about how your own writing style and voice can shine through, while still getting your point across to a large audience.
- These sample posts can be about whatever you want, but they should be on topic. If you want to write about gadgets, they should be about gadgets. If you want to write about social networks like Facebook and Twitter, it should be about those types of sites. You get the idea.
- We won’t be using these on the site, we just want to get a sense of how well you can do this stuff.
- Your favorite related gadgets (and why).
- A few words about yourself. (Please note, due to legalities we can’t hire minors.)
- Your contact info.
- How much time per week you can commit to blogging?
- Any other questions you may have about the gig.
What not to do
- Don’t just send us stuff you wrote elsewhere, we’re not asking for clips.
- Don’t send attachments or resumes.
- Note that we will only review fully complete applications, and remember to put the name of the position you’re applying for in the title of your email.
We also apologize, but the sheer volume of applications makes it difficult to respond to everyone. If we’re interested we’ll get in touch, and thanks in advance!
How To Apply
Please send your info to Blog.Gigs@gmail.com