The Reporter, Online / Blogger is expected to provide a daily, comprehensive view of higher education news in MN via original reporting & collecting stories, events & trends from elsewhere as blog items, headlines & story summaries on MPRNewsQ.org w/ the intent to engage & inform our audience.
– Report on higher education news w/in the state of MN & national stories as they relate to MN by producing several posts daily for new blog covering higher education.
– Writes about day’s news & curates related materials from elsewhere online.
– Work w/ web editors & radio producers to identify online opportunities that compliment or augment the broadcast content & related events.
– Consistently & enthusiastically engages w/ readers & the NewsQ community in comment threads & other social media community venues.
– Cultivates sources, identifies important trends in higher education & collects/verifies information through a variety of online/offline channels.
– Bachelor’s degree or equivalent exp.
– 7 – 10 years’ daily journalism exp. in traditional media, including daily reporting & editing & a min. of 2 years professional Web site exp.
– Strong writing skills, w/ a journalism background. Good research skills.
– Subject matter expertise & a solid journalistic track record.
– Ability to deliver substantive reports, including breaking news, in a wide variety of media formats & on deadline
– Passion for blogging & an understanding of the social media universe.
– Excellent language skills.
– Signature, authoritative blogging voice
– The successful candidate will need to exhibit outstanding editorial judgment, accuracy, & integrity
– Ability to provide “live” radio reports & two-ways on the topic of immigration & emerging communities for use on the air
Employment Type:Â Full Time
Location:Â Minnesota Public Radio – St. Paul, MN
Salary Range:Â $53,995.00 – $80,992.00
How To Apply
At the following link, Apply Here, click ‘Apply Now’ and complete the online application form.