Socialtext is looking for a passionate Perl developer to deploy and adapt our award-winning enterprise wiki/blog application into customers’ enterprise computing environments. The ideal candidate will have both excellent technical credentials and a friendly, consultative approach to solving customer needs. We need you to keep us clear of system issues, performance crunches, & daily hiccups.
* Second tier customer support, troubleshooting and providing solutions for the front line support folks
* Develop a deep understanding of our application
* Answer Socialtext helpdesk request tickets via web interface
* Work with developers to identify and resolve more complicated problems
* Address urgent issues quickly
* Codify frequent issues into documented or scripted processes
* Assist with product QA from a user’s point of view
* Document required bugfixes, end-user feature improvements, and operations feature improvements
* Act as customer advocate in the product development process
* Adapt installer, shell scripts and Perl scripts
* Document exceptions and fixes for inclusion into core product
* Provide feedback from customer users to product team
* Work with customer employees and consultants, including business managers, project managers, software engineers, security analysts, data center engineers, and customer NOC
* Diagnose and fix bugs
* You must be comfortable setting up new servers, optimizing existing servers and be able to perform server surveillance, monitoring and maintenance
* 5+ years experience with Unix, including Debian GNU/Linux
* 3+ years programming experience, including object-oriented Perl
** Candidates with less Perl experience but a strong dynamic language background are encouraged to apply
* 5+ years experience solving deployment issues with x86 servers, Linux, Perl, TCP/IP networking, firewalls, interprocess communication, cron jobs, etc.
* Good consulting and problem-solving skills
* Excellent spoken and written communication skills
* Able to work well in the face of tight deadlines and tough technical challenges
* Likes to interact directly with customers to achieve customer satisfaction
* Prompt, responsive, responsible and friendly approach to customer problems
* Ability to rapidly gain in-depth knowledge of Socialtext application
* Aptitude for streamlining process to make one’s job more efficient
* Ability to effectively juggle/prioritize multiple tasks
* Participation in open source projects
* Savvy about online collaboration, especially wikis
* Knowledge of a variety of server hardware
Applications without a cover letter will not be considered.
Full benefits and competitive compensation package.
Interested applicants can apply here.
Original post can be found here.
[tags]blog jobs, problogger jobs, blogger, problogger, freelance jobs[/tags]