Do you love your cell phone so much it hurts? Do you think you have what it takes to write about cell phones and the mobile phone industry every day? Well, IntoMobile is looking for you!
Previous writing experience is required. Full-time or part-time, as long as you can prove that youâ€™ve got writing skills (we will ask for writing samples).
We are looking to expand our team in order to provide IntoMobileâ€™s readers with the most comprehensive news coverage and insightful editorials on the mobile technology industry. Writing for IntoMobile gives you the opportunity to reach tens of thousands of worldwide readers per day and can even help influence the future direction of mobile technology.
Our editors are currently spread across the world. Although we will consider all applicants, weâ€™re hoping to expand our team in the San Francisco Bay area, so those in the Bay area will be given preference. Weâ€™re pretty flexible when it comes to work locations and hours, but weâ€™d like any potential local candidates to spend some time at our Palo Alto / Menlo Park homebase each week.
This is a paid position. IntoMobile offers great compensation rates, which will be determined by your experience and writing skills.
- Must have passion for mobile platforms/hardware/application (past experience with mobile tech-related blogging is a huge plus).
- Must be familiar with current mobile tech news and rumors.
- Must demonstrate knowledge of mobile hardware technical specifications.
- Must have experience with phone apps.
- Application development experience is a plus.
- Must demonstrate solid writing skills and the ability to write with clarity and wit (we will ask for writing samples).
- Established relationships with mobile industry contacts and PR is a big plus.
- Working familiarity with Photoshop and video editing is a big plus.
- Owning your own digital camera (DSLR preferred) and/or HD video camera is a plus.
- Must be willing to travel to San Francisco or San Jose at least once a week (applicable to local candidates).
How to Apply:
Please submit your information using the application form here detailing your interest and qualifications with the following items in your cover letter (please do not send a boilerplate response):
- Include at least three writing samples and/or some URLs of articles that you currently have online that you feel shows off your skills.
- Send us links to your three favorite tech blogs and explain why they are your favorites.
- Name three people that any mobile tech enthusiast should follow on Twitter.
- Please also let us know your availability for full or part-time writing.