Develop and maintain corporate blogs. Research and write articles in a conversational style, which engages readers. Interface with key departments (executive, marketing, customer service, IT etc.) to insure blog content captures readers’ interest, while promoting company message. Use appropriate tools to provide management with metric reports. Use on-line and off-line social networking techniques for collaboration with people inside and outside the organization. Maintain quality assurance, by open information exchange with customer service and marketing departments. Promote company objectives with each blog article.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Develop and maintain plan for organization’s Internet presence, based on management priorities, policy directions, and goals.
2. Perform continuous enhancements and modifications to blogs.
3. Assess new standards, technologies and trends, and formulate plans for future enhancement to blogging strategies.
4. Use latest syndication and blogging tools with HTML, when appropriate.
5. Ensure blog(s) are accessible from a variety of different environments.
6. Produces a consistent visual image on blog(s) including maintenance of templates and image archives.
7. Ensure images are delivered to the viewer at sufficient high speed and quality.
8. Creates image links and ensure links are up to date.
9. Troubleshoot and repairs bugs and problems.
10. Respond promptly to blog comments and email
11. Provide metrics of traffic statistics, reports and blog comment feedback to appropriate areas.
12. Research, write/edit and create layout for new articles and features.
13. Act as liaison between blog readers and corporation
14. Interface collaboratively with web design team to insure cohesiveness between blog(s) and corporate web site.
15. Perform other duties, as assigned.
MINIMUM JOB REQUIREMENTS:
Possess engaging “conversational” writing skills with a professional posture. Must have be published by a recognized organization (on or off line) or have published blogs with confirmed reader visit statistics. High school diploma or GED with related experience in achieving company objectives with blogging expertise. Must be computer and definitely Internet/search engine savvy to perform online research. Completed degrees from accredited institutions may be substituted for experience on a year-for-year basis, provided courses were taken in writing, marketing, business and psychology/sociology.
How To Apply
To apply for this job post please complete the application form here.